Tuesday, October 6, 2009

welcome.

we moved into our home about a year ago and one of the first purchases i made was a wreath quite similar to the one below. i felt it was the appropriate way to welcome fall and to welcome guests. there is something so cheerful about a pretty wreath. i imagined other wreaths that would grace our front door -- an evergreen wreath for Christmas, a wreath of forsythia to bring the spring...but then I was so enamored with my fall wreath that I couldn't bear to take it down and to be honest I never purchased any other pretty wreaths to take its place. so it is still on my front door welcoming the fall again this year.

i like the idea of the transitional door hangings below. harvest and winter themes mingled together. wouldn't these be lovely for late november and early december? i am feeling motivated to find another beautiful wreath.

isn't this front just fabulous with the red door?

(via)

happy fall <3

No comments:

Post a Comment